13 Oct Tips and Fun Facts about Fishing—Part 1 of 5
At FishHunter, we pride ourselves on making the most compact and best quality fishfinder. At the end of the day, we like fishing and we would like to help others find more fish and enjoy their fishing trips as much as possible.
We have compiled a long list of fishing tips and fun facts for you to peruse on your fishing trips.
- Most fish reproduce by laying eggs, though some fish, such as great white sharks, give birth to live babies called pups
- Starfish are not fish. Neither are jellyfish
- Although the fangtooth fish is only a few inches long, it has teeth about the size of a human’s
- Fish have been on the earth for more than 450 million years.
- Fish were well established long before dinosaurs roamed the earth.
- It is estimated that there may still be over 15,000 fish species that have not yet been identified.
- There are more species of fish than all the species of amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals combined.
- 40% of all fish species inhabit fresh water, yet less than .01% of the earth’s water is fresh water.
- Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds. Humans have around 7,000
- Most brands of lipstick contain fish scales.