27 Oct Tips and Fun Facts about Fishing—Part 3 of 5
At FishHunter, we pride ourselves on making the most compact and best quality fishfinder. At the end of the day, we like fishing and we would like to help others find more fish and enjoy their fishing trips as much as possible.
We have compiled a long list of fishing tips and fun facts for you to peruse on your fishing trips.
- The smallest fish is the Philippine goby that is less than 1/3 of an inch when fully grown.
- Most fish have taste buds all over their body
- Some species of fish have skeletons made only of cartilage.
- Fish have excellent senses of sight, touch, taste and many possess a good sense of smell and ‘hearing’.
- An estimated one third of male fish in British waters are changing sex due to pollution in human sewage
- The oldest fishhook ever found dates back to about 42,000 years ago
- Fish feel pain and suffer stress just like mammals and birds
- Tropical fish are one of the most popular pets in the U.S
- 95% of tropical fish mortality results from improper housing and nutrition.
- Many tropical fish sold in the United States are harvested from the wild in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America.