10 Nov Tips and Fun Facts about Fishing—Part 5 of 5
At FishHunter, we pride ourselves on making the most compact and best quality fish finder. At the end of the day, we like fishing and we would like to help others find more fish and enjoy their fishing trips as much as possible.
We have compiled a long list of fishing tips and fun facts for you to peruse on your fishing trips.
- Some fish do not have scales. Sharks, for example, have rough sandpapery skin instead of scales
- Some desert pupfish can live in hot springs that reach temperatures greater than 113°
- The batfish plays dead when danger is near. It floats on its side when scared, making it look like a dead leaf floating in the of the water
- Lampreys and hagfish are the most primitive form of fish still living today
- Empty dogfish egg cases sometimes wash up onto the beach. Some people call them mermaid purses
- Scientists have explored only 1% of the ocean depths. They believe millions of new animals and fish are down there, waiting to be found.
- Anableps, four-eyed fish, can see above and below water at the same time
- Seahorses are the only fish that swim upright.
- Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids.
- A seahorse can move each of its eyes separately. Seahorses can also change their color to match their surroundings.